Samarium Cobalt Magnet
Samarium Cobalt (SmCo) Rare Earth Magnet
Samarium Cobalt magnet (also known as SmCo Magnet) is a permanent magnet made of Samarium and Cobalt. Two common compositions are Sm1Co5 and Sm2Co17. It is the second-strongest type of magnet made and has higher temperature rating, higher coercivity, and better corrosion resistance than neodymium. Our factory has been producing sintered SmCo magnets since 1987 and is ISO9001/TS16949 certified. We offer a wide range of grades, sizes and shapes.
- High resistance to demagnetization
- Hard, extremely brittle and highly prone to chipping and cracking
- Can operate at higher temperatures up to 350°C, depending upon the grade and permanence coefficient
- High energy product and moderately priced
- Good temperature stability
- Corrosion resistance is considered good. Coatings for corrosion resistance are therefore generally not required
Warning! SmCo magnets are extremely brittle but magnetically very strong. They must be handled with care to avoid personal injury and damage to the magnets. Gloves and eyes protection are recommended when handling the magnets.
Samarium-Cobalt (SmCo) Technical Information
Need Pricing? Please Send Us a Quote Request
Fill your request here
Note: To better assist you with your request, please let us know the following information as much details as possible.
- Magnet Material (e.g. Neodymium, Alnico, Ceramic, or SmCo etc.)
- Material Grade or Magnetic Properties
- Sizes, Shapes (e.g. Block, Disc, or Ring) ** If Irregular shape, please provide a sketch/drawing.
- Tolerances If Any (KMP standard tolerances will be quoted if not mentioned)
- Magnetization Direction (Magnetize through thickness will be quoted if not mentioned)
- Surface Protection/Coatings If Required (e.g. NdFeB magnet will be Ni-plated if not mentioned)
- Maximum Working Temperature
- Quantity, or Estimated Annual Usage Quantity
- Target Price or Other Requirements