Neodymium-Iron-Boron (NdFeB) Rare Earth Magnet
Neodymium-Iron-Boron magnet (also known as NdFeB or Neo Magnet) is a permanent magnet made from an alloy of Neodymium, Iron, and Boron. It is the most widely used type of rare-earth magnet today. Applications including: hard disk drives, brushless DC motors, sensors, loudspeakers, magnetic separation, and magnetic resonance imaging. Our factory has been producing sintered neodymium magnets since 1997 and is ISO9001/TS16949 certified. We offer a wide range of grades, sizes, and shapes.
- Very high resistance to demagnetization
- Hard and brittle (not as brittle as SmCo magnet)
- Moderately priced
- Good at ambient temperature
- High energy product for size
- Material is corrosive and should be coated for long term maximum energy output
- Moderate working temperature may limit suitability for high heat applications but improvements are made periodically.
Warning! Neodymium magnets are extremely strong. They must be handled with care to avoid personal injury and damage to the magnets. Fingers can get severely pinched between two attracting magnets. Neodymium magnets are brittle and can peel, crack or shatter if allowed to slam together. Gloves and eyes protection are recommended when handling the magnets.
Neodymium-Iron-Boron (NdFeB) Technical Information
Unlike Samarium Cobalt, Alnico and ceramic materials, which are corrosion resistant, the sintered neodymium-iron-boron permanent magnet is a chemically active powder metallurgical material, which is characteristic of being hard, brittle and easily oxidized. Based on its features, the most common and effective way to protect these magnets is to apply Nickel plating to the surface.
- Coating Thickness: 10-20µ
- Surface Colour: Silver Semi-bright
- Superior resistance to humid atmosphere
- Coating Thickness: 8-20µ
- Surface Colour: Shining
- Excellent resistance to salt spray
- Coating Thickness: 15-25µ
- Surface Colour: Black
- Excellent resistance to salt spray & climate
Need Pricing? Please Send Us a Quote Request
Fill your request here
Note: To better assist you with your request, please let us know the following information as much details as possible.
- Magnet Material (e.g. Neodymium, Alnico, Ceramic, or SmCo etc.)
- Material Grade or Magnetic Properties
- Sizes, Shapes (e.g. Block, Disc, or Ring) ** If Irregular shape, please provide a sketch/drawing.
- Tolerances If Any (KMP standard tolerances will be quoted if not mentioned)
- Magnetization Direction (Magnetize through thickness will be quoted if not mentioned)
- Surface Protection/Coatings If Required (e.g. NdFeB magnet will be Ni-plated if not mentioned)
- Maximum Working Temperature
- Quantity, or Estimated Annual Usage Quantity
- Target Price or Other Requirements